Monday, February 14, 2011

Toadally Kissable

Hello bloggers,

Happy Valentine's Day!  Hope it was a good one for everyone.  Below is the candy box I made for my hubby for Valentine's day.  He likes his sugar, so a card just wasn't going to cut it.  I used sweet little Fairy Tale Tilda and turned her into a little bit of a goth princess.  That was not my intent when I started - I think we have Tim Holtz and his Regal Flourishes texture fade to blame for that.:) Once I embossed it on a deep red cardstock and inked it in black soot the mood was irreparably set...


Initially, my husband was not sure how to react - he was not terribly fond of playing the role of frog, even if the frog really is a prince.  But then he read the greeting...  I couldn't make a project for him without adding a little joke.  It was all better when he saw the box was full of kisses.

Here is a close up of Tilda:


Supplies used:

Fairy Tale Tilda coloured with Tim Holtz Distress inks (except skin) as follows:
Dress and roses: aged mohagany
Frog: forest moss and scattered straw
Crown: scattered straw
Hair: black soot, weathered wood and faded jeans
Ribbons and flowers: tattered rose and victorian velvet
Leaves: forest moss
Cheeks: tattered rose
Wings: Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Skin coloured with a watercolour pencil

Other stamps include Magnolia 'May your day be special' and Close to my Heart 'Cherished Flourishes'
Paper: Bazzil cardstock, Stampin' Up and unknown from my stash.  Box was made using heavy bristol board.
Other supplies: Martha Stewart edge punch, Tim Holtz Fancy Flourishes texture fade, ribbon from a local scrapbook store.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Anything but a card
Magnolia-licious - Pink, black and red
Friday Sketchers - Sketch
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Let's see some love

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week!

Hugs,

Dawn

4 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Dawn,
Wow what a gorgeous box!! You have outdone yourself decorating it :o)
I don't think Tilda looks 'goth' at all. I think she is beautiful. Love your sentiment * big grin.
Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh Dawn this is sooooo cute! I love the wee box you've made and Tilda is just so sweet...love that sentiment too...perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

cabio's craft corner said...

So sweet Dawn. What a cute candy box idea with these colors. It's so lovely!! Thank you for joining us along at Magnolia-licious challenge and hope you will join us again :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LindaC said...

Your candy box is 'toadally' too cute. What a great creation! Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious color challenge. Check back with us on 2/22 for the new challenge. LindaC