Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just Buzzing by

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to extend a huge welcome to my blog's new followers!  I'm so glad that you decided to join my crafting journey and look forward to seeing your projects and sharing inspiration!  I hope everyone has been well and has had plenty of time to craft this weekend! 

I have a quick card to share today. My hubby asked me to make it for a friend who is moving away, so we thought this would be cute to wish them a new honey filled hive.
For this one I decided to try a new technique and coloured the image on Kraft paper with my prismacolor pencils.  Hmmm - a little harder than I thought.  I think it turned out alright for a first effort, but there is a lot of room for improvement. 

Supplies:  Stampin' Up Just Buzzin' by stamp set, ribbon, brads and flowers from my stash, postage stamp shape cut with cricut elegant edges cartridge, edges inked with Distress ink in walnut stain.

This card was inspired by these challenges:

The ABC Challenge - K for Kraft
Allsorts Challenge- say it with flowers
Charisma Cardz Challenge- ribbon
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

That is all for now, though I currently have four other projects started, so hopefully I'll have something else to share soon.

Thanks for popping by and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them and visiting you too.  Have a great week!

Hugs,

Dawn

7 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, your card is so lovely!Fab image, lovely colours, looks fab together!
Hugs Jo x

brenda said...

Super card Dawn and great sharing and colouring.

Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Clare Brown said...

your card is just so cute, thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

hugs Clare x

Gram's Treasures said...

So sweet! (no pun intended) Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma.

Unknown said...

Aw this is fab! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this challenge.

Lisa xox

Carrie said...

This is lovely!!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!

Carrie xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I am SO in LOVE with
this! This is super cute and that image
is amazing...I think I need it! LOL!
So glad that you posted up also at ABC,
was a great treat to come by!

~Leah