Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Colouring with Distress Ink

Hello everyone,

I hope you have been well!  Cold season officially started, and so far in my family I am the only one who hasn't caught it... but give me a few more days - I wouldn't want to be left out...  Things have continued to be insanely busy, but I think that should be over as soon as I dig myself out of the pile of dishes that has accumulated over the weekend.  So, I am looking forward to catching up with all of your blogs and seeing what you have been creating over the past couple of weeks.

As for me, I have put together a tutorial for Scrapbooker's Paradise (here) in which I attempt to explain how I use Distress inks to colour images.  I have included lots of tips from the many mistakes I have made, so if you are wanting to give this technique a try you won't have to repeat all of my errors...  I hope you will head over to check it out.  Grab a cup before you go...  A complete supply list is also available in that post for those interested.



Thanks so much for popping by!  I am so sorry I have been neglecting everyone, but I will be catching up very soon.

Hugs & Happy Crafting,

Dawn

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawn, I love the cute image and such beautiful colouring.
hugs Sue xx

fairyrocks said...

Thanks for this one Dawn, Watercolor is one of my favorite looks. I will have to give this a go soon.
Keep smiling and creating

Jessi Fogan said...

Something about back to school time just gets the germs going around everywhere...I know I wouldn't get left out either ;)
I LOVE the krafty tones of the background papers, and how you stamped around the focal panel - I have to remember that! It looks amazing :)

Unknown said...

First of all so so sorry for being so late Dawn, but I simply hadn't had enough time (it's so hectic at work at the mo...) Your card looks so delicate, love how you coloured this sweet image, really pretty! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Diane said...

Super cute design Dawn.

Hugs Diane